The Doctoral Symposium (DS) aims at disseminating research-in-progress conducted by novice researchers. A board of experts will discuss with the researchers to suggest new perspectives and improvements to the Ph.D. thesis.
The submitted research can address any of the CIbSE 2021 research topics. We recommend, although it is not compulsory, that the research is at an intermediate stage (~ 2nd year) so that experts’ suggestions could be included in the Ph.D. work.
The suggested paper structure is as follows:
- Introduction to the field of research and identification of the main challenges therein
- Explicit formulation of the research questions and objectives justifying why they were chosen
- Outline of the current knowledge of the problem domain as well as the state of existing solutions
- Sketch of the research methodology that is being applied
- Introduction of the proposed solution and the results achieved so far
- The statement in what aspects the suggested solution is different or better as compared to existing approaches
- An indication of the outstanding issues and description of the next steps that are planned
- Provision of a list of references.
Doctoral Symposium papers shall be authored by the doctoral candidate exclusively (thus, the name of the supervisor should not be included). All papers must be submitted in PDF format through EasyChair, using the link available in the CIbSE 2021 webpage. Submissions must be written in English, Portuguese, or Spanish. Moreover, the paper should not exceed eight pages, and it should be formatted according to the LNCS style. The authors of accepted DS papers must register by the camera-ready deadline.
Doctoral symposium chairs
- Marcela Genero (Universidad de Castilla-La Mancha, Spain)
- Marcos Kalinowski (Pontifícia Universidade Católica do Rio de Janeiro, Brazil)
- Luca Cernuzzi (Universidad Católica Nuestra Señora de la Asunción, Paraguay)
- Nelly Condori (Universidad de la Coruña, España)
- Breno França (UNICAMP, Brasil)
- Beatriz Marin (Universidad de Politécnica de Valencia, España)
- Luis Olsina (Universidad Nacional de La Pampa, Argentina)
- Gleison Santos (Universidade Federal do Estado do Rio de Janeiro, Brasil)
|Mariana Falco||Product Quality Evaluation Method and QualityTracker Tool Validation: a Case Study Plan|
|Cathy Pamela Guevara Vega||Publicación en Open Science de paquetes de laboratorio experimentales para Ingeniería del Software|
|Jaime Sayago-Heredia||Una herramienta para el estudio de sentimientos en los mensajes de los desarrolladores y métricas de calidad|